Saturday, December 22, 2007

Adult Swim: Tim & Eric


So this past week ive been in a drug induced hazed caused by numerous amounts of painkillers from a surgery I underwent. Since im unable to do...well anything at all, I decided it would be fitting to entertain myself with a few quality hours of adult swim television.
Cartoon Network has always been my friend ever since I was a youngster watching shows such as Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd & Eddie, Sealab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and many more exceptional programs. However, those days seem long gone.
At first I was not quite sure if the level of bafflement I recieved from the shows I watched were due to the drugs, so after discussing the events of my nights with Justin, we both have come to the conclusion that the shows on Adult Swim are seriously going downhill. Now I mean so much down hill its like a fucking toboggan except instead of a driver with whatever braking system they are suppose to have its a god damn monkey with such a raging death wish that it has appropriatley attached turbine engines to the side of this sled and strapped down all the hopes and dreams of thousands of children all who wanted to view deecent programming on the fabled "Adult Swim." Yes, its that bad.
I was able to sit through one show, The Tim and Eric Awesome Show. For the entirety of the show, I didnt breathe. Not becaues I was on the edge of my seat waiting for some epic even to happen, no, instead I did'nt breath because I just completly forgot how. Thats how dumb I had become after this show. There was a puddle of drool at my feet, and I took me another four or five minutes to snap out even after the show had ended. These shows no longer aim to entertain, they aim to make us views ask ourselves "Who in the right mind can even think of this stuff." In case any of you are interested in a short clip from Tim and Eric's show, click here for a wonderful holiday video. So heres to you Tim and Eric "Great Job!" Now go fuck yourselves!

P.S. I hope you all like the first "Talking Battleship" cartoon!

-Ben Out

No comments: